On the road, be safe, cunning and thrifty. Protect your wallet by joining the community. It’s Free!
CAMARAD is the app that provides information and alerts you of the police radars, the photo radars and the red light cameras in your vicinity. The info found in CAMARAD is provided and approved by its steadily growing community of users. Join the drivers in your area who already share locations in real-time. This will help ensure your safety by slowing down in risky areas, plan your routes and keep your hard earned money in your wallet.
By driving with CAMARAD active, you will be alerted whenever you drive nearby a police radar, a photo radar or a red light camera. You can actively report the locations you see on the road to warn the other users from those risky areas. You can also approve the good or report the bad locations identified by other users.
– Easy connection using your Facebook account or as an anonymous user;
– The users can report locations of police and photo radars as well as red light cameras;
– “List Mode” indicating nearby locations, using only negligible amount of data;
– “Map Mode” visually indicating your position relative to the nearby identified locations;
– Easily add new locations while connected to your Facebook account;
– Approve the good locations or report the bad or expired ones;
– “AMBER Alert” feature providing info on the current searches and deactivating the display of all police locations in the app to prevent the kidnappers or other criminals from escaping the authorities;
– The app does not keep any data on your whereabouts.
CAMARAD is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so come aboard and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life and use a lot of data. CAMARAD is set to “List Mode” by default which use a negligible amount of data, unlike competing apps.